Registration for Summer Job Connection 2021 is now closed for Youth.
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, MADE POSSIBLE!
Since the implementation of our inaugural year, we’ve experienced tremendous success. To date, we have served a total of 1,040 youth served and partnered with 90 employers, and we are not done!!
Our Vision –The CareerSource Tampa Bay Summer Youth Employment Program, branded Summer Job Connection (SJC) provides a unique opportunity for career exploration to youth in Hillsborough County. Summer youth employment programs instill the young adults of tomorrow with critical essential skills that all employers need. The SJC program introduces youth to the world of work and exposed them to new experiences, ideas, and potential career paths for the future through hands-on, real-world work experience through paid work experience positions in-demand occupations or targeted industries.
The program design was a vision created by CareerSource Tampa Bay (CSTB) that was met with the full support of the Board of Directors and the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners, as well. The inaugural program year was 2019.
Unemployment rates for youth in the age range of 16 – 24 years old usually run above 13-14%. Our Summer Job Connection program prepares Hillsborough County youth to be work-ready by exposing them to opportunities in targeted occupations, established a future talent pipeline, and assisted with reducing the skills gap shortage. With a focused emphasis on CSTB’s core vision, Talent Meets Opportunity. Our SJC program is equipping the future talent pipeline for Hillsborough County employers.
SJC 2019 & 2020 Recap
Stay connected with upcoming news, activities & enrollment information.
Subscribe to our mailing list and Facebook group page to be included in future communications.
Please visit our Summer Job Connection social media pages to view more content.
- 03.09.2021–CSTB Press Release ( Registration for Youth to Apply for CSTB’s Summer Job Connection Closes on March 12, 2021 )
- 01.04.2020– Press Release CSTB Summer Job Connection to host Informational Sessions
- 01.04.2021–CSTB Press Release- Summer Job Connection 2021
- 01.04.2021–CSTB Press Conference (Summer Job Kickoff 2021)
- 01.14.2021 — Tampa Bay morning Blend
SJC In the News:
- 01.04.2021–Bay News 9 Story- Summer Job Connection 2021
- 01.04.2021–ABC Action News- Summer Job Connection
- Summer Job Connection 2021 podcast (Apple link)
- WWTB Summer Job Program R2
SMS – Text “INFO” to (813) 412-8647