Ready to get a job, but don’t know where to start? Young Talent Tampa Bay through CareerSource Tampa Bay can help!
If you are out-of-school, between the ages of 18-24, and motivated to start a training program or begin a career, Young Talent Tampa Bay can provide you with the skills you need!
Young Talent Tampa Bay provides
- Career Exploration
- Employability Skills Training, Including Financial Literacy
- Career Coaching and Guidance
- Tuition Assistance
- Limited Supportive Services
- Paid Work Experience and On-the-Job Training Referrals
Services Offered To Youth:
WIOA Youth Training – Education assistance at a local and approved college, obtain an online high school diploma, GED assistance or assistance with employability skills.
Paid Work Experience– Connect with employers in leading industries to receive job-related training. Develop skills for in-demand occupations while gaining experience in the workforce.
Summer Job Connection- Explore different careers while becoming oriented to the workforce. Available to youth between the ages of 16-24.
These links provide a wide range of resources, tools and guides to assist youth in all situations with developing their potential. These resources work to place the power of information into the hands of youth and those individuals who guide them in successfully navigating their way into adulthood amidst a global knowledge economy.
Click to View Resources
- ASVAB – Career Exploration Program
- Career Info Net
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (Florida Department of Education) – School to Work Transition
- Mapping Your Future
- Occupational Outlook Quarterly
- Occupational projections (BLS)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O*NET Code Connector for titles of jobs in occupational fields
- The Princeton Review (career quiz, college planning, testing, admissions information, scholarships and financial aid)
- Vocational Information Center
- CareerColleges.com ~ Free Career Assessment Test
- Career Interest Checklist
- A Guide to Free Career Assessments
- My Future.com
- O*NET Ability, Interest, and Work Importance Profilers
- Quintessential Careers
- Skills Profiler (CareerOneStop)
- CareerOneStop Youth Program Finder was created in response to requests for help locating services for people age 16 to 24. The Finder was designed to be used by young people on their own, or by adult intermediaries. Any young adults seeking career or employment assistance can easily access it from a computer, tablet, or phone. They can also search for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) programs and find out if they are eligible for more in-depth services. Counselors working with young adults who plan to relocate will also find it valuable to research services available in their new location.