On The Job Training
You Hire. You Train. We Pay.
Get reimbursed up to 50% of the costs to train new employees. CareerSource Tampa Bay’s On-the-Job Training program helps businesses save money while training promising new hires!
Training program benefits include:
- 50% of wages paid over a training period
- Employer makes all the hiring decisions
- Recruitment & job posting services
- Assistance with candidate pre-screening
- CareerSource Tampa Bay staff assist with completing paperwork
- All resources and services are NO COST!
It’s easy…your business just needs to:
- Agree to provide on the job training for a full time salary or hourly position in one of the positions listed on the 2019-2020 Region 15 Targeted Occupations List
- Intend to retain the trainee, if the trainee is meeting the minimum performance standards required for the position
- Complete the agreement and position information prior to hiring the individual
- Provide pay, time records, and participant updates to receive reimbursement
The OJT Program will pay up to 50% of the individual’s hourly salary for a standard OJT period, to be determined by the coordinator based on salary and standard time for OJT for the position.
Interested in participating in On-the-Job Training:
Contact Dan Schneckenburger at (813) 930-7415 or e-mail