Special Message for R3 Job Seekers
We thank you for your interest and participation in the Rapid Response Recovery (R3) program. The R3 job seeker application is currently CLOSED as a direct result to the R3 program ending on December 30, 2020. However, CareerSource Tampa Bay would like to encourage you to explore all other employment and training program and services that CareerSource has available.
We hope that you were able to join us for the December 17, 2020 Joint R3 and CSTB Information session where the R3 team went through program close out and CareerSource Tampa team reviewed and highlighted a wide variety of Job Seeker services available to the Hillsborough job seeker. Some of these services are eligibility-based but a wide range are available to all job seekers. If you were unable to join us on December 17th, you can view a recording of the Joint Information session and also a CareerSource Tampa Bay resource guide for the Hillsborough Job Seeker:
Joint Information Session on available CSTB services:
To join, please click the link below and you will be prompted to enter your name and email address to view.
A user friendly CSTB resource guide to navigate various programs and services:
Please visit the CareerSource Tampa Bay website to review these additional services available in Hillsborough County, review options and determine which programs/services best meet your needs. Below we’ve highlighted some quick links to assist you in navigating our website, we hope you find this information helpful during your search:
- CareerSource Tampa Bay website: https://www.careersourcetampabay.com/
- Career Services – provides a variety of services to assist all job seekers with basic career services assistance: https://www.careersourcetampabay.com/job-seekers/
- Job Fairs & Information on Current Job Openings – you can access information on job openings and upcoming job fair events: https://www.careersourcetampabay.com/job-search/
- Training Services under CareerSource Tampa Bay – provides information on a variety of career development and training programs including WIOA Adult, Dislocated Worker Programs and WIOA Youth program: https://www.careersourcetampabay.com/job-seekers/career-training-and-development/
- Employability Skills Training – provides a variety of in person and virtual workshops that you can signup for to give you the competitive edge in your job search: https://www.careersourcetampabay.com/job-seekers/employability-skills-training/
- Summer Job Connection – our premier youth program for young adults ages 16-24 during the summer months: https://www.careersourcetampabay.com/summer-job-connection/
- CareerSource Tampa Bay’s Approved Training Provider List and Targeted Occupational List: Identifies CSTB approved training providers and local Targeted Occupations List for 2020-2021: https://www.careersourcetampabay.com/job-seekers/wioa/
We are confident that you will find these additional CareerSource Tampa Bay programs and services to be a tremendous value to you in your job search process.
Our team stands by ready to serve you, where in-person or virtual! You can reach us by phone at 813.930.7400 or via email at https://www.careersourcetampabay.com/contact-us/,
Best wishes for continued success on your career journey!
Special Message for R3 Employers
We thank you for your interest in the Rapid Response Recovery (R3) program. The R3 employer application is currently closed as a direct result to the program ending on December 30, 2020. However, CareerSource Tampa Bay would like to refer you to other services and programs that may be available to you. CareerSource Tampa Bay can help leverage and support your human resources function, from recruitment and training to labor market information and business seminars. CareerSource Tampa Bay is dedicated to providing innovative talent and training strategies to improve the skills of your staff, boost productivity, and increase the efficiency of your business.
If you were not able to join us for the recent Joint Employer Information Sessions hosted by R3 and CareerSource Tampa Bay’s Business Services team, please click below to view a recording of this recent session.
To also assist you in identifying other employer services and retain as a quick reference, please click the CareerSource Tampa Bay Business Services brochure.
Please check the CareerSource Tampa Bay website to review additional programs and services available in Hillsborough County. Some quick links are provided below to assist you in your search:
- CareerSource Tampa Bay website: https://www.careersourcetampabay.com/
- WIOA R3 Presentation
- CSTB Employer Services: https://www.careersourcetampabay.com/employers/
- Summer Job Connection – Paid Work Experience at 100% reimbursement for young adults ages 16-24: https://www.careersourcetampabay.com/summer-job-connection/
What is the Rapid Response Recovery Program?
CareerSource Tampa Bay (CSTB) kicked off the Rapid Response Recovery (R3) program on July 1, 2020. The program will help Hillsborough County job seekers with occupational skills training and find businesses skilled labor. The R3 program is funded through the Federal Cares Act with funding released by the Hillsborough Board of County Commissioners.
CSTB will be signing up 2,100 Job Seekers to participate in Short-Term and On-the-Job Training. The goal of the Job Seeker program is to help give workers adversely affected by COVID-19 retraining to improve their skills and make them more marketable among key industry sectors in Hillsborough County.
Up to 1,000 individuals can take advantage of the Short-Term Training program, training scholarships will provide up to $5,000 educational assistance. Another 1,100 job seekers will be provided On-the-Job Training.
In order to qualify, job seekers must be a Hillsborough County resident, economically injured due to COVID 19, 18-years of age or older, and must be a U.S. Citizen or authorized to work. Job Seekers can register below.
EMPLOYER R3 APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED! We would like to thank our employer partners for their overwhelming response to the R3 program and providing nearly 1,500 positions to Hillsborough Job Seekers impacted by COVID-19. The R3 program has placed more than 600 job seekers into employment with your help. We will continue to fill R3 openings through December 30, 2020.
ALL JOBS AND PROGRAMS LISTED WITH THE R3 PROGRAM ARE BASED ON AVAILABLE FUNDING THROUGH THE CARES ACT PROGRAM
How do I register?Job Seeker Application is CLOSED Employer App CLOSED
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Hillsborough Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) approved a $25 million-dollar agreement on Thursday, June 4, 2020 to assist residents experiencing employment or business interruptions due to COVID-19 related business closures. The funding comes from the federal Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The agreement for this allotment will be managed by CareerSource Tampa Bay (CSTB) working closely with the BOCC.
The CARES Act monies will be used in Hillsborough County to support the Rapid Response Recovery (R3) Program – a wide-ranging program supporting both life safety and economic development. This portion of the funding will be used to quickly start workforce training programs. The agreement will go into effect retroactively from June 1, 2020 until December 30, 2020.
Have more questions about the program or how to sign up? We have set up a dedicated phone line to assist applicants: (813) 360-1444. The R3 CONTACT CENTER is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can also contact R3 via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-Term Occupational Skills Training Providers (Now Closed to new application)
CareerSource Tampa Bay (CSTB) has established the R3, Rapid Response Recovery program, to provide short-term occupational skills certification and training to Hillsborough County residents that were dislocated due to the COVID-19 outbreak. R3, Rapid Response Recovery program,
- All certification and training programs shall have a maximum training period of not more than one hundred twenty (120) days, or be completed by December 30, 2020, whichever is earlier.
- All training programs cannot exceed ITA/training cap of $5,000.
- Eligible expenses include tuition assistance, instructional costs, books, materials, and class uniforms/supplies.
The CARES ACT Rapid Response Recovery Program is no longer accepting training provider applications. CareerSource Tampa Bay and the R3 program would like to thank all of our Training provider partners that have helped the R3 program train over 700 Hillsborough residents impacted by COVID-19 with skills upgrades through short track training to date. The R3 program ends on December 30th and R3 staff will continue to help current applicants access to training to return to work targeting to serve up to 1,000 job seekers. As an R3 approved training provider, if you are interested in applying to become an approved training provider with CareerSource Tampa Bay, please visit our Become a Training Provider webpage.Success stories
07.01.2020 CSTB (Rapid Response Recovery R3 Kick-Off)
07.01.2020 Press Conference https://youtu.be/BGWQAGUIHgU