CareerSource Tampa Bay uses a list of approved providers to deliver various services to eligible Hillsborough County residents. At Career Source Tampa Bay we can help match your skills with jobs that are currently in demand. If additional training is required, we can help with tuition and other assistance needed to further your goals.
For more information on how you can prepare for a career in one of our Targeted Occupations (Regional TOL for Adults & Dislocated Workers OR Regional TOL for Youth, Welfare Transition Program and Other Programs), visit one of our CareerSource Tampa Bay centers (see locations below).
Approved CareerSource Tampa Bay Training Providers PY 2015/2016 - Click here to download.
Training Provider Application
Career Source Tampa Bay invites all organizations or individuals interested in becoming an approved provider to submit an application. We have an open and on-going application process. CareerSource Tampa Bay will review the application and make a determination for a contract. A site visit will be conducted as part of the approval process. All training providers and each course to be offered are subject to approval by the CareerSource Tampa Bay Board of Directors.
The institution's approval as a qualified occupational skills training provider will not guarantee that participants will be referred by staff for training. Any and all referrals will be based upon the decision of staff after reviewing an assessment of the client's aptitudes, abilities, geographic location, interests, costs, and other relevant information.
In accordance with CareerSource Tampa Bay’s Procurement, Approval and Maintenance of Training Providers and Programs Policy, occupational training providers are required to participate in a competitive procurement process to become an eligible training institution. To be eligible for inclusion on CareerSource Tampa Bay’s approved list, minimum criteria requires that training providers:
- The Training Provider must submit a Training Provider application which is complete and accurate with all required attachments.
- The Training Provider must agree to report student data for each approved program to the FETPIP in a timely manner. FS 445.004(9)(e).
- The Training Provider must agree to refund CareerSource Tampa Bay any tuition costs, fees, etc., based on the Training Provider's established written policy in the event a CareerSource Tampa Bay funded student exits prior to completion.
- The Training Provider must agree not to offer unlawful remuneration to attract students. FS 445.009(8)(b).
- The Training Provider must submit up to date information on tuition, fees, and other charges made for each approved program. WIA 122(d) & (e).
- The Training Provider must agree to engage in price negotiations with CareerSource Tampa Bay. FS 445.009(8)(b).
- The Training Provider must agree to not subcontract the delivery of the training and shall be directly responsible for provision of training.
- Unless approved, the Training Provider must agree that it will not approach customers within any CareerSource Tampa Bay facility to solicit enrollment.
- The Training Provider shall not be debarred or suspended as a Training Provider thru education programs offered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- The Training Provider must have been in business in the State of Florida for at least two years.
- The Training Provider may propose only programs that are (1) on the regional targeted occupations list, and (2) allow the issuance of credentials upon training completion (certificate, degree, diploma).
- The Training Provider must post all program costs on the institution's website for public view. These costs must clearly define tuition, fees and other associated costs.
- The Training Provider must be able to demonstrate fiscal solvency.
- The Training Provider must allow a site visit prior to final approval and meet ADA requirements.
- The Training Provider must not submit programs for consideration that directly lead to long term degree programs.
- The Training Provider must agree that the price charged to CareerSource Tampa Bay by the Training Provider shall not be more than that charged to the general public or any other workforce region in Florida.
- The Training Provider must not create programs that target CareerSource Tampa Bay program participants unless requested to do so by CareerSource Tampa Bay.
- The Training Provider must agree that all CareerSource Tampa Bay participants will be afforded the same information on financial aid options, scholarship opportunities and educational/tuition discounts.
- The Training Provider must agree to provide Pell Program information, if applicable.
- The Training Provider must agree to track and supply program completion and placement information upon demand.
Subsequent Eligibility Requirements
- The Training Provider must continue to meet State and local performance standards.
- The Training Provider must report any changes in the acceptance of federal financial aid, cost information, refund practice, etc. to CareerSource Tampa Bay in a timely manner.
- The Training Provider must assist CareerSource Tampa Bay in the verification of employment within 180 days from the end of training for enrolled students receiving funding from CareerSource Tampa Bay.
- The Training Provider must report out-of-state employment of students to CareerSource Tampa Bay.
- The Training Provider must maintain all required licensing standards and proper accreditation and inform CareerSource Tampa Bay within 7 business days of any changes.
- The Training Provider must remain in good standing with the requirements outlined in the Training Provider Agreement.
- The Training Provider must maintain compliance according to all federal, state and local performance requirements.
- The Training Provider must not create programs that target CareerSource Tampa Bay Pinellas program participants unless requested to do so by CareerSource Tampa Bay.
- The Training Provider must supply program completion and placement rates upon demand by CareerSource Tampa Bay.
- The Training Provider must respond to renewal applications annually. A specific due date for completed applications will be included, and applications received after that due date may not be considered. The institution may be immediately suspended from the approved list by administrative staff and this information brought to the appropriate committee of the Board for review and formal action.
- Application Form
- Programs and Courses Form (complete one for each program/course requesting approval)
- Targeted Occupation Lists (TOL) for Region 15:
- Building/Facility Checklist
- Cost & Performance Data
Please submit the following:
- Programs and Courses Form for each program/course requesting approval
- A copy of latest audited Financial Statements/Report
- A copy of current State License
- A copy of current liability Insurance
- A copy of the Florida DOE approved curriculum
- A completed W-9 Form
- Building Facility Accessibility Checklist
- Cost & Performance Data
- Four copies of the most current catalog and schedule. If not addressed in the catalog, please attach the following: course description of, and fees associated with any additional counseling, tutoring, or other supportive services that are available to the student, a listing which identifies all ownership interests and corporate officers in your institution. Include names, addresses, and telephone numbers, a list of educational facilities that have a reciprocal agreement for acceptance of transfer credits. A copy of the institution’s most recent activity report to the State Department of Education if applicable). Please submit the application and attachments either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
- Mira Pervazova
- CareerSource Tampa Bay
- 5100 W. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 300
- Tampa, FL 33609
Questions or comments regarding this application may be directed to Mira Pervazova at (727) 608-2531 or email@example.com.
All applications will be competitively reviewed and rated by CareerSource Tampa Bay staff with recommendations presented at regularly scheduled committee meetings. Applications receiving a favorable recommendation will go before the full Board of Directors for final approval. CareerSource Tampa Bay will notify approved training institutions in writing of their approval or denial for inclusion on our location approved training vendor list. Approval and subsequent addition to our list does not in any way guarantee the use or endorsement of programs. Referrals will be based upon the decision of staff, after reviewing an assessment of the client's aptitudes, abilities, geographic location, interests, costs, and other relevant information.
Customers may file complaints, at any time, about a CareerSource Tampa Bay education or training provider. We ask that all complaints be submitted in writing and, at a minimum, include the following information:
- The name of the provider, physical and mailing address, telephone number.
- The name of the educational program or service received from the provider.
- Contact information – phone number and mailing address – of the person filing the complaint.
A detailed description of the problem or issue; the reason for the complaint.
If approved as a training vednor, CareerSource Tampa Bay will provide an EO Notice that must be prominently displayed for participants to view. Participants should mail or email their complaints to Alice Cobb, EEO Officer, CareerSource Tampa Bay, 5100 W. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 300, Tampa, FL 33609 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inclusion of information regarding any program of training services or any institution, organization or individual providing training services is in no way an endorsement by CareerSource Tampa Bay of that program, institution or individual. CareerSource Tampa Bay has included in this list information provided to it by training providers and does not guarantee the accuracy of the information.