- Increase your income?
- Explore your work options?
- Keep your Medicare/Medicaid while you work?
- Gain greater personal fulfillment through work?
Do you have a Ticket to Work?
If you are between the ages of 18-64 and currently receive SSDI and/or SSI cash benefits, you have a Ticket to Work. Social Security's Ticket to Work program and other work incentives can help you find meaningful work.
To view a flyer for the CareerSource Tampa Bay Ticket to Work program, click here.
CareerSource Tampa Bay
CareerSource Tampa Bay is a Social Security Administration approved Employment Network. CareerSource Tampa Bay and the Ticket to Work program will make it easier for people with disabilities to return to work. We are here to assist you with your career search and planning.
CareerSource Tampa Bay has a direct impact on the workforce, business, education and economic development communities in Hillsborough County. Through various programs CareerSource Tampa Bay has assisted an average of 40,000 customers annually including 1,500 persons with disabilities.
CareerSource Tampa Bay offers the following services to beneficiaries of a Ticket to Work:
- Initial meeting, assessment, goal setting, job search assistance and long-term planning with the Disability Program Navigator
- Employability Skills Training to include basic computer skills, resume development, professional interviewing skills, targeting your employment transition and other offerings
- Access to labor market and salary information and workforce training
- Access to job fairs and other hiring events
- Access to understanding benefits, workplace accommodations and community resources
- These services are at NO COST to you!
Disability Program Navigator
CareerSource Tampa Bay employs a Disability Program Navigator (DPN) who can assist job seekers with disabilities access services, activities and programs offered at the centers, provide information to SSI and SSDI recipients on work incentives offered by the Social Security Administration and assist with navigating other community resources.
If you are interested in using your Ticket to Work and improving your economic status, contact Jenny George, Disability Program Navigator, at (813) 930-7643 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Services & Adaptive Equipment
CareerSource Tampa Bay is committed to providing services, activities and programs in fully integrated settings.
To proactively accommodate job seekers with disabilities at the centers, CareerSource Tampa Bay offers the following adaptive equipment:
- MAGic magnification software
- Desktop video magnification unit
- Job Access With Speech (JAWS) reader software
- SARA scanner and reader
- Sign-Language Interpreters (with a three day notice)
- Optical trackball mouse
- Braille keyboard
- Text telephone (TTY)
- Assistive Technology
- Disability Rights of Florida
- Employ Florida Marketplace
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Family Network on Disabilities
- Florida Alliance for Assistive Services and Technology
- Florida Division of Blind Services
- Florida Vocational Rehabilitation
- Job Accommodation Network
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Resources Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- CareerOneStop Business Center for Persons with Disabilities
- ONet Online
- Pepin Academies
- Self Reliance, Inc. Center for Independent Living
- Social Security Administration
- Tampa Lighthouse for the Blind
- The National Collaboration on Workforce and Disability for Youth
- The National Organization on Disabilities
- Ticket to Work Program
- Ticket to Work WISE Webinars
- The Red Book - A Guide to Work Incentives
- The Three Biggest Myths about Disability Benefits and Work