At CareerSource Tampa Bay, we prepare you for jobs in demand.
Employment Conditions Snapshot
This page provides a quick glimpse of the Hillsborough County and Tampa Bay area employment conditions.
Information here can be useful to job candidates looking to enhance their career opportunities and job search. You can use the link below for quick access to information on occupations, wages and salaries, training resources, or to develop profiles to help manage your job search.
Employ Florida links Florida’s state and local workforce services.
You will be prompt to log in if you desire to create a profile. Otherwise, browse and explore!
Current Market Information
Unemployment Rates (not seasonally adjusted) - December 2014 (most recent available)
United States: 5.4%
Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater MSA: 5.5%
CareerSource Tampa Bay (Hillsborough County): 5.2%
*Industries gaining jobs in Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater MSA over the year included:
- Professional and Business Services (+7,100 jobs);
- Trade, Transportation, and Utilities (+3,600 jobs);
- Leisure and Hospitality (+2,000 jobs);
- Other Services (+1,800 jobs);
- Government (+1,500 jobs); and
- Education and Health Services (+1,500).
*Industries that lost jobs in Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater MSA over the year were:
- Manufacturing (-2,100 jobs);
- Mining, Logging, and Construction (-800 jobs); and
- Financial Activities (-300 jobs).
Average Annual Wage - 2013 (most recent available)
CareerSource Tampa Bay (Hillsborough County): $47,410
Click here for a detailed report on industries showing growth or declines in jobs, population totals and other information specific to Hillsborough County.