At CareerSource Tampa Bay, we prepare you for jobs in demand.
Employment Conditions Snapshot
This page provides a quick glimpse of the Hillsborough County and Tampa Bay area employment conditions.
Information here can be useful to job candidates looking to enhance their career opportunities and job search. You can use the link below for quick access to information on occupations, wages and salaries, training resources, or to develop profiles to help manage your job search.
Employ Florida links Florida’s state and local workforce services.
You will be prompt to log in if you desire to create a profile. Otherwise, browse and explore!
Current Market Information
Unemployment Rates (not seasonally adjusted) - April 2014 (most recent available)
United States: 5.9%
Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater MSA: 5.9%
Tampa Bay WorkForce Alliance (Hillsborough County): 5.6%
*Industries gaining jobs in Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater MSA over the year included:
- Professional and business services (+9,100 jobs);
- Retail Trade (+5,700 jobs);
- Leisure and hospitality (+4,500 jobs);
- Education and Health services (+3,900 jobs);
- Financial activities (+3,000 jobs);
- Manufacturing (+2,300 jobs);
- Wholesale Trade (+1,100 jobs);
- Mining, logging, and construction (+1,000 jobs);
- Other services (+400);
- Transportation, Warehousing, and Utilities (+300 jobs).
*Industries that lost jobs in Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater MSA over the year were:
- Information (-300 jobs);
- Government (-100 jobs).
Average Annual Wage - 2012 (most recent available)
Tampa Bay WorkForce Alliance (Hillsborough County): $46,895
Click here for a detailed report on industries showing growth or declines in jobs, population totals and other information specific to Hillsborough County.