A focused approach to helping veterans.
If you’re a veteran, let CareerSource Tampa Bay assist you in securing employment through job referral and matching services, job development, job training and career management. CareerSource Tampa Bay staff act as a dedicated team to put you on the fast track of the registration and job matching process.
Also, there is a wide range of services available to veterans with barriers to employment. CareerSource Tampa Bay career managers specialize in these areas to provide assistance for veterans who require it. We collaborate with a variety of partners to enhance job opportunities, including businesses, VA medical centers, community-based and civic organizations and reserve guard units.
Each CareerSource Tampa Bay center has full-time staff trained and dedicated to helping all eligible qualified veterans in their career goals.
Our Veterans Services include:
- Priority of Service for our Service Men and Women
- Career and Job Counseling
- Providing Labor Market Information on the jobs and employers in this area
- Assistance in tailoring skills and abilities to the job market
- Assistance with Hot Jobs and with the jobs listed locally
- Help using the Internet to expand your job searches
- Recommendations for training and education to qualify for better jobs and careers
- Information on Veteran Job Programs and Training
- Assistance and Instruction in use of the Resource Room Facilities
- Resume Preparation and Critique
- Developing Jobs for those Vets with barriers to employment
- Providing referral information on social service and family support
- Linking Vets with Department of Veterans Affairs Medical and Benefits Information
Military Family Employment Advocacy Program: The Military Family Employment Advocacy Program (MFEA) is a state program designed to deliver priority workforce services for eligible military family members through Military Family Employment Advocates, located at MacDill Air Force Base.
Transition Assistance Program (TAP): The Transition Assistance Program (TAP) at MacDill Air Force Base prepares separating military personnel on resume preparation, interviewing techniques and salary negotiation tips. It also offers targeted career fairs, labor information as well as support for spouses. Services are offered on location at MacDill AFB.
Services to Military Spouses: We provide workforce related services to the spouses of service men and women who serve in the military. CareerSource Tampa Bay offers the necessary tools needed for a smooth transition into a new community, assist in the job searching process and help prepare for employment.
In addition, our business services recruiters search all new job orders to see if any veterans in our files qualify for the positions and contacts them immediately. Our aim is to get the best-qualified veteran to employers as quickly as possible.
Veteran and Military Families Hiring Event (Virtual Event) – Friday, October 29, 2021 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Sign up to attend here.
LIVE Informational Webinars about Virtual Career Fairs, how to showcase skills, and best practices every Monday at 5:30pm ET and Tuesday at 12:00pm ET. To register CLICK HERE: